Political platform The Leftist Alliance
The Leftist Alliance (VA) is a socialist and feminist student union. We have for several years worked for shaping a more gender equal, environmentally sustainable and progressive university. Our goal is equal and democratic institutions for learning and societies; a socialist democracy, where no structural repression excists nor the nature is overload. Education is more than a qualification to the working life, but a democratic good and a human right. These troubled times creates new challenges, but also new possibilities. The university must take responsibility and contribute to a society based on solidarity and openness.
Higher education is an important tool for reducing social inequality, the University has to ensure the health of the students and implement measures for an inclusive and safe environment.
- We demand 12 months of financial support for all students!
- Library inspired agreements for the syllabus, and more digitalization. The prices must Down!
- Combined senior – and student apartments.
- Psychology students should be able to offer a low-key counselling for all students.
- Knowledge is more than your exam! The exams should never count 100%.
Only 30% of the professors at UiO are women, and there are almost only men in the syllabus. VA is fighting for a gender egalitarian university.
- Gender quotas in all studies where there is less than 30 % of one sex.
- A new employment system to secure gender balance in academic positions.
- More women on syllabus in all subjects! We demand 50 percent representation on syllabus in Ex Phil and Ex Fac.
- Illuminated campus and night buses.
The climate crisis is our time greatest challenge. The university must facilitate a greener everyday life for students.
- Throwing food must be banned. Leftovers should be sold for half the price for students.
- Senior discount for students on public transport.
- Environmental issues must be raised in all study programs.
These troubled times creates new challenges, but also new possibilities. The university must take responsibility and contribute to a society based on solidarity and openness.
- Quota system for refugee students.
- Continue and strengthen the academic engagement for refugees.
- UiO must not commit to cooperation with institutions that denies others to access to their research. Research must benefit the people.