Political Platform The Green List
Green List gave you city bikes and recycling to campus, and last year we stopped SiO from closing down the sports field at Domus Athletica. We do not intend to rest before the University of Oslo is a world-class institution in terms of sustainability, and at the very forefront of the green transition Climate change is here and now. This is why we ask for your vote! We will change the system and push the university in a green direction. Climate change is happening here and now, and the university must act and adjust to this reality.
Education is the most important tool we have to create a better future. As a large educational institution, the University of Oslo have a duty to contribute to a positive and responsible development of our society. For this reason, Green List will:
- Make the university cut all ties to the petroleum sector.
- Make teaching and research on renewable resources and sustainability a key characteristic of the university.
As a major institution, the University must take steps to become eco-friendly:
- We demand a green campus with solar panels, biodiversity and green gardens.
- The university must actively work towards reducing its energy consumption.
How we students live our lives from day to day impacts the environment, our health and our quality of life. Green List will work hard to improve all aspects of student life as well as its impact on the world we live in:
- Food sold in SiO canteens must become better, cheaper and sustainable.
- The waiting time for SIO mental health must be less than 2 weeks
We wish you a wonderful election and hope that you will vote for Green List! For a greener university, sustainable student life and a better future.