Apply for the UNICA Student conference 2012!
Would you like to be a delegate to the UNICA Student Conference in Oslo in October?
10-13 October 2012, the University of Oslo (UiO) will host the UNICA Student Conference 2012. UNICA is a network of universities in the capitals of Europe and consists of 43 universities from 32 capitals.
Over 250 selected students from different universities in the network will participate at the conference. In addition, there will be other speakers and contributors present.
The overall theme of the conference is "The Ideal European University". Participants will have four days to discuss how to construct the ideal university that can handle the great challenges the world community faces today. Questions such as climate issues, undemocratic tendencies, the global financial turmoil and the growing divide between the rich and the poor will be lifted. In addition, of course, educational questions will be central during the conference.
We are looking for 10 students who want to discuss questions such as:
1. How Will The Ideal European University meet the Grand Challenges?
2. The Ideal University as Part of Society
3. Internationalization at The Ideal University
4. What Students Should Learn at the Ideal University
5. Teaching and Learning at the University Ideal
6. How Should the Ideal University Implement the Bologna Process?
7. The Ideal Green and Sustainable University
8. The ideal Innovative University
9. The Ideal and Various European University
10. Students as a Part of the Academic Community at the Ideal University
If you think this sounds interesting, please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org or log in to the web form found on our website.
The requirements for participation are:
- That you have completed at least one semester of study
- That you can communicate well in English, written and oral
- That you have been involved in extra-curricular activities alongside your studies
- That you are motivated to participate
The application must contain the following information
Your involvement in extra-curricular activities
Why you want to participate in the conference
What qualifications that make you a suitable participant from the University